Re: Unexpected behavior from ASM (?)

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:44:58 +0100

Hi Daniel,

it can be a quite complex setup.
please check: as which user is your ASM instance running? at which user is your DB running? what are the Groups those 2 belong to? what's the owner/group of the raw devices? what's the user/group of the oracle binaries involved?

all of those can affect the symptoms and there are a LOT of combinations which can create your suggested incident pattern.

(I'm working with linux-only setup at the moment, but I hope posix group & permissions are similar on AIX)

Martin