Re: Question about Oracle pipes sizes and the messages at the queue

From: Hanan Hit <hithanan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 21:59:37 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the prompt response.

It is helpful for sure and give me more insight than I had before - Thank you for that.

It is strange though that I do see different sums once running your query with summary

select
type ,
pipe_name,
sum(chunk_size) /1024/1024 chunk_size
from
(
select

    /*+

        ordered
        use_nl(h)
    */
    c.inst_id               instance,
    kglnaobj                pipe_name,
    decode(kglobt00,1,'PRIVATE','PUBLIC')   type,
    ksmchcom                chunk_com,
    ksmchptr                chunk_ptr,
    ksmchsiz                chunk_size,
    ksmchcls                alloc_class

from

    x$kglob c,
    x$ksmhp h
where

    c.kglhdnsp = 7
and c.kglobsta != 0
and h.ksmchds = c.kglobhd0

and ksmchcom = 'kkxpr'
)
group by
type ,
pipe_name
order by 3 ,2
;

Result

TYPE

PIPE_NAME

CHUNK_SIZE

PUBLIC
ROPIPE
.000228882

PUBLIC
PUBSUBPIPENAME
 .00062561

PUBLIC
ADVISORPIPE
.000915527

PUBLIC
MAKEPIPE
.001235962

PUBLIC
OUTBOUNDPIPE
.006538391

PUBLIC
PUBSUBPIPE
1.86437225

vs. the below query

select * from ( select row_number () over ( partition by namespace order by sharable_mem desc ) row_within, namespace, sharable_mem/1024/1024 sharable_mem
, substr(name, 1,40 )
short_name from v$db_object_cache order by sharable_mem desc ) where namespace like '%PIPE' and row_within <= 5 order by sharable_mem desc, namespace, row_within /

Result

ROW_WITHIN NAMESPACE
---------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
SHARABLE_MEM

SHORT_NAME

         1 PIPE
  2.44610596
PUBSUBPIPE          2 PIPE
   .39125061
OUTBOUNDPIPE          3 PIPE
  .023963928
ROPIPE          4 PIPE
  .008384705
ACXPROD45          5 PIPE
  .008369446
CUSTVEHPIPE In any this is very helpful and will check it during the different times of the day.

Best,

        Hanan