RE: Queueing Theory in Oracle

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:56:21 -0700

I can post your papers on the NoCOUG website but why not post them to Scribd for even more visibility. http://www.scribd.com/upload-document From the Scribd website: Scribd's platform is designed to help you easily publish your content on the web and mobile devices, distribute it to a wide and global audience, and potentially make money from selling that content. Here's more on the benefits of publishing on Scribd. Reach Scribd's audience of 90 million monthly readers. By publishing on Scribd, your content can be seen by up to 90 million people from all around the world who use Scribd. Turn your content into a beautiful HTML5 webpage, that you can even embed on another website. Scribd's patent-pending conversion technology instantly turns documents into beautifully formatted webpages. Get your content indexed by Google and other search engines. Scribd does SEO for you. Every word of your content will be fully indexed by all major search engines. Make your content social and get distribution on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks. Social networking gets bigger every year, and even written documents now need to be social. Scribd socially optimizes all content to maximize social distribution. Make money by selling your content. If you choose to, you can set a price for your content and make it for sale through a simple link, and the earnings go right to your account. Make your content readable on iPhone, iPad, Android, and other mobile devices. Scribd makes all content easily readable on the mobile web, and provides an even better reading experience for people who download Scribd's apps. Get detailed stats on readership of your content. Scribd Stats gives you all the analytics you need on who is reading your content. Iggy Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:18:00 -0400 Subject: Re: Queueing Theory in Oracle From: hrp_at_google.com To: exriscer_at_gmail.com CC: jkstill_at_gmail.com; karlarao_at_gmail.com; jonathan@jlcomp.demon.co.uk; oracle-l@freelists.org I have a couple of papers from talks I gave at the Hotsos Symposiumn a few years ago. Applying Queueing Theory Analysis to Oracle Statspack Data (2009) Determining Resource Utilization and Saturation Limits Using AWR history and Queueing Theory (2010) I would be happy to post these somewhere if someone offers up a site.  I also just skimmed through this thread. I'll try to add on when I have a chance to read it in more depth. Henry -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 13 2014 - 19:56:21 CET

Original text of this message