Weblogic Performance tuning on Aix 7.1

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 07:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Does anyone experience or suggestion of using Oracle Weblogic on Aix 7.1 ? We have all Oracle environment currently on Linux using VMware and Rhat Linux. Company is moving to AIX lpar due to Oracle Vmware based licensing model where need to purchase the license for full CPU/core and not the vm based install. I did one initial test to compare Weblogic on both x86 and AIX and found big performance issue where performance is not good on AIX using same Weblogic version/application. The only change done in the test is forwarding URL to new weblogic on AIX and then again back to x86.

So if anyone can share any experience or any document for AIX 7.x tuning for Weblogic/middleware setup. Sorry as this is most Oracle Database related list but as lots of us are also using Grid control and other Oracle infrastructure using weblogic and so added the thread.

TIA
Sanjay