Re: Queueing Theory in Oracle

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:13:01 -0700

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Karl Arao <karlarao_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> From the paper, I did the simple math to estimate the end CPU requirement
> and utilization without doing the migration.
> Then I did the actual migration of workload and the numbers were about the
> same that I got from the math.

Interesting discussion - I took Craig's Queuing course about 15 years ago, and used it in the same manner for some new servers that had yet to arrive

It was quite a useful exercise.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com