Re: Queueing Theory in Oracle

From: Karl Arao <karlarao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:51:23 -0500

I've read both of the books, and I love them. On this link are my notes - http://goo.gl/b8aNOj
Although queueing theory is pretty cool, I find the chapter on regression analysis more suited for real world but the queueing theory chapter builds a nice foundation of ResponseTime=ServiceTime+QueueTime which is from a practical use case point of view the Performance Page you've got all of that components in a nice pretty dashboard broken down into wait class with CPU as your service time and everything else is QueueTime.

For the regression analysis on the link (r2project), what I did is rank the independent values (x) that has the high correlation coefficient and make use of that to forecast the dependent value (y). Also the page 8 of this paper http://www.slideshare.net/karlarao/where-didmycpugo also gives you more insights about the "more CPUs, faster CPUs, more and faster CPUs" section of the book, I think it's page 32.

-Karl

--
Karl Arao
Blog: karlarao.wordpress.com