RE: Logical DG won't work with ROWIDs period, right?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:13:02 -0500 (CDT)

Mark (mwf) replies:

> Are you talking about supporting update queries of the form update
> <some_table> set {some column assignments} where rowid in (<some list of
> rowids on the source>)?
> That will not work.

And that's exactly what I figured. However, the documentation makes this slightly confusing as it specifically says that the ROWID "datatype" isn't supported.

> Next question: Do you need Active Dataguard? That depends on how quickly you
> want to be able to query changes on the target. If something like "as of
> last night at midnight" is good enough and IF you have space and appropriate

For the sake of argument, I'll say that the business demands are within an hour. I know, I know...

> Did I mention this is not the appropriate solution for everyone? Check. We
> probably do not need a laundry list of the cases where it is less good than
> active DG, since I hope most of them are obvious.

Painfully obvious. I just wanted confirmation that my interpretation of the docs was reality.

Thanks Mark!

Rich