Re: [EXT] impdp (no TTS) and deferred segment creation

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 09:55:06 -0500

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 9:22 AM, "Uwe Küchler" <uwe_at_kuechler.org> wrote:

> However, I still find the behaviour contradictory and inconsistent:
> - Running impdp without a TRANSFORM command and
> deferred_segment_creation=TRUE does *not* defer segment creation.

The deferred_segment_creation parameter won't have an effect on the import. This session/system parameter is superseded by the actual table attributes. If you want a change in behavior you have to explicitly tell data pump what you want it to do.

  • Running impdp without a TRANSFORM command and spooling into a SQLFILE
    > yields no segment creation clause in the CREATE TABLE statements.

    To do this, then use: TRANSFORM=SEGMENT_CREATION=n