GTT and Undo and Redo

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 17:14:45 +0800

GTT in 11.2

Quick question or clarification :
No Redo is generated for an Insert into a GTT There is Undo generated

Questions :
If we do a Direct Path Insert / Parallel Insert into the GTT can we avoid/reduce the Undo as well (and the Redo for the Undo) ?

If there is an Index on the GTT, undo is generated for the index as well - what about a Direct Path Insert ?

How does this work in a FORCE_LOGGING database ? Does it force redo for all direct path operations against a GTT and Index on GTT ? My Test environment doesn't have FORCE_LOGGING (and I am not the DBA) so I can't test this.

Hemant K Chitale

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.