RE: EM12c + instance monitoring template + deadlock detection

From: Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:16:19 -0600

The problem is that it doesn’t show up as an incident in the first place.

When I go into incident manager and view all “Incidents and Problems” for the last 31 days with “Show both open and closed” and “Suppressed = Show all”, I only see the “Blocking Session Count” incident I created and a tablespace full warning that occurred a few weeks ago.

From: Kellyn Pot'vin [mailto:kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:50 PM To: maazanjum_at_gmail.com; Stephens, Chris Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: EM12c + instance monitoring template + deadlock detection

Please look at the incident in the Incident Manager- It will tell you the category, incident type, etc. for the incident. Now look at the Incident rule set. Choose to edit it and look at the actions section. Verify that the incident rule set is set to notify you or the notification email that you are expecting when the metric threshold is hit for the metric.

Kellyn Pot'Vin
http://about.me/dbakevlar

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:07 PM, Maaz Anjum <maazanjum_at_gmail.com<mailto:maazanjum_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Which user is subscribed to the incident rule set?

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014, Stephens, Chris <Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com<mailto:Chris.Stephens_at_adm.com>> wrote: 12.1.0.3 EM12c monitoring 11.2.0.4 RAC on Oracle Linux 6.

I’ve got a monitoring template for Target Type = Database Instance. In it I have the “Incident” metric class upload interval set to Every 5 minutes. Under incident I have “Deadlock” Comparison operator set to “Matches” ,”Warning Threshold” empty, “Critical Threshold” set to “.*”.

I’ve applied the template to all of our instances but when I create a deadlock situation, an alert isn’t raised. Messages like the following shows up in the alert log:

Global Enqueue Services Deadlock detected. More info in file /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/oract1db/oract1db2/trace/oract1db2_lmd0_21286.trc.

I see alerts for other events that I have set up to monitor through this template like “Blocking Session DB Time” etc.

Anybody have any suggestions on what could be the problem?

I’ve very new to EM12c btw so it could very easily be something very obvious.

Thanks for any help!
Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.

--

A life yet to be lived...

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Feb 27 2014 - 15:16:19 CET

Original text of this message