RE: DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY library cache pin waits

From: McPeak, Matt <vxsmimmcp_at_subaru.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 20:08:54 +0000

More information...

There was a package (call it "P") re-installed at 4:29pm. There was a long-running (4hr) process ( call it "S1" ) running at that time that uses that package. Should that have prevented us from installing a new version of the package? It doesn't seem to have.

Then, other processes (call it "S2") - started after 4:29pm and that refer to "P" -- all seemed to start waiting indefinitely for the long-running process "S1".

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Matt

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of McPeak, Matt Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:40 PM To: ORACLE-L
Subject: DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY library cache pin waits

Hi,

I have been asked what a process on Monday (2/24) timed out.

Going to DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY, I can see that the process in question spent all its time waiting for a library cache pin.

I can see a lot written on how to get more information about current library cache pin waits. But does anyone know how to find out more about a library cache pin wait showing up only in ASH?

Thanks in advance!

Matt