OEM Policy Violation for Execute Stack

From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:08:20 -0500

I inherited an environment, and I am going through the various policy violations in OEM (11.1.0.1). The target databases are primarily 11.2.0.3. All of my hosts have a policy violation "warning" for the "Execute Stack" policy, which says to "Ensure that the OS configuration parameter, which enables execution of code on the user stack, is not enabled." I have been searching docs, Oracle Support, and the internet, but have found almost nothing which tells me more specifics about this check. The underlying metric is "executeStackRep". The host OS is SUSE Linux Enterprise 11. I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction for understanding this warning.

Thank you,
Jay