Re: How do Oracle DBA's look or behave like when they reach their golden years?

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:32:37 -0800 (PST)

Simply because you have worked in the Oracle realm for 20+ years doesn't imply you have reached 'nirvana'; I think many of us in that same boat (25+ years so far and still going) have experienced 'nerve-wracking' behavior in place of enlightenment.  Enlightenment is also there if you choose to find it -- I do so by experimenting and playing with Oracle on a daily basis.  It doesn't hurt that I'm  old and ugly, either.  :)

The more I learn the more I share -- knowledge is very much like good fertilizer as it does the most good when spread around.  That is partly where I find my 'nirvana'.  I would venture to say that most on this  list who also have a lot of career time invested in Oracle do the same.  It's why we're here.

David Fitzjarrell
Primary author, "Oracle Exadata Survival Guide"

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:54 AM, Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com> wrote:

It doesn’t, just as any path wouldn’t.  Or will.  All is within.

As the Oracle of Delphi said, Know thy self.

- Ric