Re: job fails

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:12:31 -0800

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>wrote:

> I'm running a dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats job thru a unix job and it
> runs for a while then fails with a
>

> ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
>

> I didn't cancel the job so why is this stopping?

I've had to jump through a few hoops before to find out why dbms_stats doesn't work.

You might want to try this to start:

Wrap the call to dbms_stats in a PL/SQL procedure.

Use the EXCEPTION clause to trap errors, then capture the error stack and timestamp of the failure
and save in a table, or write to the alert log.

Then find out what else was happening at that time that may have stopped your job.

If that doesn't help, then you may want to include a 10046 level 0 trace.

Level 0 doesn't not show waits or binds, but for this test it is not important to capture those.

Minimizing the size of the trace file is important however, and it can be large.

If that doesn't work, there is other tracing that can be done on dbms_stats directly, but
that is another post in case this bit doesn't help.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com