Re: Using Redhat utility 'screen' with oracle install GUI and x11 forwarding

From: Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro <waldirio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 19:54:26 -0300

Hi All

I'll prepare one post about it in my blog, but in fact,what you have to do is:

  1. Configure your xming and in flags you have to define "-ac". This will define the xming to accept connection. Reopen your xming, case was running
  2. Connect by putty your linux machine and type, export DISPLAY=<ip address of your machine>:0
  3. Try execute a graphical command like xclock, xterm, kterm ..., or the oracle installer

Ps.: About connect directly without define the variable DISPLAY, it is possible, but you have to do a little conf in putty.

Let'me know if you have doubts about it

B' Regards
Waldirio

--