RE: Note #1340831.1 for Oracle Security Alert CVE-2012-1675

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 06:06:29 -0500

Not specifically. But as a generic issue, are your PSUs up to date?

I’m not clear whether Oracle would even include that requirement in a note.

So when X works on VV.v.v.N and fails on VV.v.v.N-1 as delivered, it may work at N-1 plus some patches.

Normally the notes include those patch requirements, but I’m not sure the patch list will always include the PSUs that would be expected to have been applied when the note was created.

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of james.clarence.allen_at_census.gov Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:50 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Note #1340831.1 for Oracle Security Alert CVE-2012-1675

Anyone,

Has anyone gotten the instructions on Note#1340831.1 to work on 11.2.0.2?

I have gone over and followered the instructions for an Oracle clusters but am having

problems connecting to DB. I keep getting ORA-29024: Certificate validation failure.

I have tried it a couples of ways and recreated by wallet several time but continue

to get the same error.

I works seems to work fine on 11.2.0.3. If some has gotten this to work with 11.2.0.2,

please send me what you did.

Thanks,

Jim Allen
Database Support Lead, MASSDB