Re: db backup on tape and archive log backup on disk

From: max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 09:17:13 -0600

my appoligies for not being clear enough. What i mean with regards to the "MV" command is that. lately we have had some issues where the symantic pure disk appliance been crashing and we do not have any place to back it up...while the SA try to figure out what is wrong we the DBA have to move our archive logs to a secondary destination using MV command(and then catalog it for RMAN to pick it up)...

I have followed the oracle note with regards to setting up the NFS and also had open ticket with oracle and after the trace they told us its not oracle and we will have to work with the vendor to figure out why the write is slow....

obviously with netbackup in place, that is a additional software layer in place and its pushing data out really fast(compared to NFS)...

we like the idea of physcially going to the NFS directory and see all our files compared to netbackup(SBT) were we cannot see those files....