RAC + cluster waits

From: Fedock, John (KAM.RIC) <"Fedock,>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 09:19:02 -0500

Need some advice regarding cluster wait issues on a 3 node Linux 11.2.0.3 Oracle system.

Short question - How can I determine what is causing recent cluster waits on our database?

Long question - We have a mature system that has been running well for several years. Recently some performance issues have started and they seem to be related to cluster wait events.

It is easy enough to see what events are waiting for clustered waits, but not what is causing them to wait. When we are having issues, I may see several dozen session waiting for 2 or 3 seconds and then they clear up, then a few seconds later, it repeats. I have run several awrrpt and awrgrpt and cannot see anything obvious.

It also seems like node1 is the one that has the session waiting.

Any advice?

Thanks all.

John Fedock