RE: Oracle Database 11.2 on Windows 8 Pro

From: Joel Slowik <jslowik_at_cps92.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:37:37 +0000

Ah, thanks.

And this made me realize what I was doing wrong. I was searching the certs for 11.2.0.3 when I should have been searching 11.2.0.4.

Thanks,
-joel

From: Bobby Curtis [mailto:curtisbl_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 10:26 AM To: Joel Slowik; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Oracle Database 11.2 on Windows 8 Pro

Have you tried here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/whatsnew/index.html

Bobby

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Joel Slowik Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 9:49 AM
To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org'
Subject: Oracle Database 11.2 on Windows 8 Pro

Hello list,

I searched the Certifications tab in MOS for 11.2 on Windows 8. Windows 8 is not listed there for either 32 or 64 bit, however I found this statement of direction concerning windows 8 from September 2012: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/tech-info/sod-oracle-db-win8-win2012-1853201.pdf

I'm not sure what to make of this. I am assuming that the certifications tab in MOS would be direct source as to if a database is supported in a given os, but this pdf makes me wonder.

Does anyone know of a place I could find for certain, short of an SR?

-joel

Confidentiality Note: This electronic message transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received this transmission, but are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact Continuum Performance Systems at {203.245.5000} and delete and destroy the original message and all copies.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Feb 17 2014 - 16:37:37 CET

Original text of this message