Re: datapump export incredibly slow

From: Jinwen Zou <zjworacle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:18:43 +1100

I believe what Raj mean to to say is that: sometimes ACCESS_METHOD=external_table export is better than direct path export for table/partition that has out-of-line stored LOBs or many chained rows, because direct path export will not use more than 1 PX process for a single segment, but external_table export will. Agreed.

Per note 552424.1, the external_table path impdp can't import LOB in parallel in 11g or lower.