Re: Talking about Oracle Lab Setup - which VM provider do you prefer?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 12:45:24 -0700

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Chris Taylor < christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I wasn't arguing, I guess I'm not sure what happens when you're using a
> non-round robin dns server - or what the affects are in a lab environment?

Neither am I :)

I just the lab environment to at least logically resemble production.

Without round robin, network logins always go to the first node listed.

If the first sqlplus connection goes to node 1, and the only sessions being created are mine,
after logging out the next login would normally go to the next node.

Sorry for the late reply, I just don't get on here as often as I once did.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com