Re: DBAs running root.sh

From: Austin Hackett <hacketta_57_at_me.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 18:05:17 +0000

Thanks Niall.

Yes, the SA concern is that someone with access to the oracle OS account (DBA or attacker) can add arbitrary commands of their choosing to root.sh and run them as root.

I totally agree with you - a DBA or attacker with "oracle" access on a DB server can do some pretty serious damage without resorting to edits on root.sh!