Oracle DBA - Profile Format ( AUS )

From: Sameer Choudhari <sameer.choudhari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 20:33:17 +1100

Hi Folks

*NOTE : *I am not sure it is good to ask this question. But its very important for me understand at this point in time after one month job hunt experience in AUS market.

I am planning to switch company. I have updated my resume in most of the popular job portals in AUS. Not sure, its been more than one month, I am not getting any interview calls from any agents or company hiring managers. I am just wondering, is there is any problem with my resume or there is no jobs in AUS market for Oracle DBAs.

I am having more that 8years of experience ( Core DBA tasks, PT, DG, RAC, VLDB, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP platform and most DBA tools etc ) on most of Oracle DBA tasks.

Any pointers on resume preparation for AU specific market.? Appreciate  any positive feedback which help for my/who s looking job hunt .

I heard LOCAL reference plays major role, but what about migrants like me , how to start our career in such environment?

Cheers,
Sameer <http://www.choudhari.net>