Re: Bind variable peeking question

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:01:27 -0500

Which version are you running? The rest of my comments are inline.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Chen Zhou <oracle.unknowns_at_gmail.com>wrote: ...

> But no, even though i used snap_id to define that few hours when the
> troublesome query was running, it still returned the values captured on Dec
> 24th, same as these I saw last night.

DBA_HIST_SQLBIND only captures bind values at some interval, so as to whether or not they correlate to what you are looking for is a matter of luck. The only guaranteed way to capture those bind values that I know of is with a 10046 trace.

> I also ran query (1) on dbms_xplan.display_cursor() this morning, the
> values are different now. I assumed that this query was run with different
> values in the database since last night. However, I can't seem to find any
> evidence that this SQL was actually run again in OEM.

If this SQL isn't run very frequently and you've got some skew, then perhaps bind variables are doing you no favors.

+1 regarding SQLT :)

Andy