Re: Jan 14 PSU patches

From: Rajesh Aialavajjala <r.aialavajjala_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:11:32 -0500

Sanjay,
 I cannot comment to the first of your points - I'm sure folks who have anything to report will pipe up...but as to the 2nd...

The Patch README - specific to the release you are targeting of course - will normally contain a "Known Issues" Section...

There also will be MOS Documents published tracking known issues ... for example...

*My Oracle Support Document 1593200.1
<https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=1593200.1> Oracle Database Patch Set Update 11.2.0.4.1 Known Issues.*

*My Oracle Support Document 1593188.1
<https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=1593188.1> Oracle Grid Infrastructure Patch Set Update 11.2.0.3.9 Known Issues.*

*My Oracle Support Document 1593211.1
<https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&id=1593211.1> Oracle Database Patch Set Update 11.2.0.3.9 Known Issues.*

My understanding is that these documents are updated basing on feedback (SR/SR leading to Bugs) and they contain change history...

I'd also suggest reviewing - these notes discuss patches that are to be "highly desirable" but not necessarily included in PSUs' - the title is a touch misleading - these should be reviewed prior to/in conjunction with PSU applications - not just upgrades...

*Things to Consider Before Upgrading to 11.2.0.3 to Avoid Poor Performance or Wrong Results (Doc ID 1392633.1)*
*Things to Consider Before Upgrading to 11.2.0.2 to Avoid Poor Performance or Wrong Results (**Doc ID 1320966.1) *

To your 3rd point - once again - I shall defer to the expertise of other list members...

Thanks,

--Rajesh