Migration 11gR1 Solaris to Exadata 11gR2

From: Thomas P S <royxavier_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:23:36 -0800 (PST)

Dear Experts, We are migrating from Oracle (Solaris) 11gR1 to Exadata 11gR2.  Considering the two differences 1) Os Solaris Vs Linux 2) Version 11gR1 Vs 11gR2  - What is the best migration method? 1) Transportable Tablespaces - Endian conversion with version upgrade is recommended option?  I did not see this  method suggested in oracle upgrade document.  I could observe only same version with Endian CONVERT 2) Expdp / Impdp : Is it wise to use these tools when we have large number /size of tables.  DB size come to more than 4+ TB 3) Build a replicated site using Golden Gate and switch over.  Not sure it is recommended when have 1000+ tables 4) Upgrade the current database to 11gR2 and do a crossplatform TTS.  Looks like suitable option - but time and $$ is a constrain. Out of above which is the best option? Or is there any other option i haven't noticed? Many thanks in advance for taking time to read this and replying.   Really appreciated.   Thanks, Thomas Saviour http://ora600tom.wordpress.com