[Sightly OT] Oracle.com profile will get messed up if you touch it.

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:04:53 -0500

<rant mode="on">

So, it seems Oracle is planning to merge MOS account profile with Oracle Forums account profile. But they give you an option to keep them separate. I chose to keep it separate, so followed their instructions on setting Forum account with a private email address to the dot, whereas MOS account would have remained at my work email address, since I didn't touch it at all.

Should all work fine, Right? WRONG !!

As soon as I did that, my MOS account vanished, no user with my work email address exists, and when I try to log in as private email address to MOS, it gives me a dialog box saying 'Account transfer is in progress', it has been more than 36 hours and the transfer is in progress :(

<rant mode="off">

So, save your sanity and don't do any changes, whoever wrote the code, is probably testing it in production. I have created a customer service ticket and hope someone will take a look at it. eventually.

Raj