Re: Listener Log growth

From: Rajesh Aialavajjala <r.aialavajjala_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:54:25 -0500

Jared,
 If I might ask - by 'manage' did you mean something other than 'purge' ?

I was using the terms interchangeably <perhaps not the best choice I could have made> ... I've been able to use ADR to purge trace (text) files for Grid Infrastructure / RDBMS ORACLE_HOMEs' (purge -age () etc) ... if you were speaking strictly in the context of pruning 'listener.log' under whatever location references ADR_BASE_XXXX/diag/tnslsnr/xxxxx/xxxx/trace within listener.ora - I agree that ADR cannot do that

It appears that there issues also purging the contents of the XML log file - and there appear to be Enhancement requests tracking this reference MOS Doc ID 1591410.1...

Excellent point that you'd made...

thanks,

--Rajesh