Re: How to de-register the database from rman catalog

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:27:35 -0500

i)	  In rman connect to catalog only
ii)	 Set dbid=<value>;

iii) Unregister database;

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Information Systems
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
>>> nilesh kumar <nileshkum_at_gmail.com> 1/22/14 12:52 PM >>> Hi All,
Hope every one is doing great!!
I have two questions.
1. we have oracle rman catalog db in which all the prod databases are registered, we cloned the database to a different server and by mistake registered the database without changing the DBID to the same catalog. I want to de-register the one which was recently added to the catalog as DBname and DBID are same. 2.How do we investigate in a step wise the performance problem when a query is all of a sudden running slowly. I know there is no standard solution for this problem, but would like to know how we should systematically investigate the problem any notes would work for me.

--
Thanks & Regards
Nilesh

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown
. -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l