Re: Question re security

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:45:03 +1100

On 21/01/2014 1:44 PM, De DBA wrote:

> On 20/01/14 18:55, Nuno Souto wrote:
>> As such, changing the initial port is a good annoyance value: it
>> makes finding which port the real "meat" is in slightly harder to find.
>
> Nonsense. Performing a port scan is trivial and quick, and probably
> something every script kiddy has started his attack with since the
> beginning of time ( 1-1-1970 ;) ). Ostrich policy is never a good
> security policy, as it only serves to give the CIO a warm fuzzy
> feeling without achieving anything worthwhile. Only confuses & annoys
> the next admin to take your chair.

Tony, normal office workers are NOT script kiddies. Please REREAD what I wrote and comment IN CONTEXT. I have very little patience nowadays for "nonsense" comments. particularly from people with difficulty reading. OK?
Oh, and there will NOT be a next admin taking my chair, I can assure you and all the other would be pretenders of that!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto