Re: Sparc T5-4 and LDOM performance

From: Harmandeep Singh <singh.bedi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 18:03:51 +0530

We were facing similar issues on the VMs of vmware during performance testing of Oracle on Windows. After moving to the Physical machines, there is 10-15% improvement. Additional virtual layer decreases performance as it leads to additional processing layer .

In my opinion, VM are good for test and development environments and not suitable for Production systems where every millisecond counts

Thanks,
Harman