Re: DB slow after bounce (Windows)

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 14:51:22 -0800 (PST)

You did stop and re-start the oracle service, as well as the database?   David Fitzjarrell Primary author, "Oracle Exadata Survival Guide" On Friday, January 17, 2014 3:43 PM, David Ramírez Reyes <dramirezr_at_gmail.com> wrote: I have Oracle 11.0.1.0 over Windows 2008. Yesterday we had to bounce the instance due to an ora-04031 error caused by the Automatic Memory Management system, the error is solved by patching to 11.0.2.0 or higher (that's not the problem now). The main problem is that after bounce (I had to kill the oracle.exe service as I couldn't even connect with sys account), the DB it's beeing so slow. Checking the OEM Performance, I have found that the reason is a very high I/O (virtual memory), but the difference in use is huge! The I/O was very low and constant before the bounce (at least on the last 10 days), but now has growth about 3 or 4 times. I've found some high I/O queries that I have tuned, but they were running faster before the bounce, any idea? I have red that some people has have similar problems but under Solaris, seems like it's only solved after bouncing the server, not only the instance. Any inputs are appreciated. David Ramírez Reyes