Re: Performance Monitoring Tools for Standard Edition

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:17:09 +0100

Hio,

for myself I prefer statspack, but for our help desk we have Quest / Dell Spotlight, to allow a quick graphical overview and problem categorization. We are doing lots of DB operations for customers, so for us it was an advantage to have a licensing model per seat, not per DB/CPU/whatever.

Another cool thing is Mumbai - sometimes a bit elaborate, but very nice if you are used to its specials.

Kyle assembled quite a list of various tools, maybe a good read for the purpose:
http://www.kylehailey.com/best-oracle-performance-tools/

HTH
Martin Klier

--