Re: Exadata newbie question

From: Gleb Otochkin <gleb.otochkin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 13:41:38 -0500

In my opinion an exadata machine is RAC in first. It has some benefits like offloading but it is still a RAC. I wouldn't say exadata administration required much more OS knowledge from me than any other RAC system except some details regarding IB protocol and management for cell nodes. Most of management tasks are described in users manuals. Off course it require some knowledge in SA and network layer as for most systems. But I would say it depends from your role and scope of responsibility for you.
I would re-read RAC concepts in first and continue with an exadata specific literature (like "Expert Oracle Exadata") .