Re: Laptop Oracle exercises

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:22:03 -0500

Thanks for the responses guys.

_at_Hans: As far as lab machines go... I generally build my own PCs. I have 16 GB of RAM. I think my motherboard can handle 64 GBs. RAM is pretty cheap when your just buying the sticks and upgrading yourself.

The newer generation motherboard are much more user friendly than in the past. The interfaces are much more robust and you can find videos on the web for just about any motherboard.

I also highly recommend SSD drives for lab machines. Installs go alot faster. I have 2, 120 GB SSDs. I can run 2 VM installs on 2 different SSDs at the same time and its alot faster than using a regular hard drive. if you don't want to sit at your pc, you can use a laptop or a tablet (I use an ipad) and run cheap remote software like splashtop to do your installs from another room.