Re: 11.2 RAC without SCAN

From: Maaz Anjum <maazanjum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 16:36:50 -0500

I believe your cluster verify check will fail but you should be able to continue. Even though this is a test environment, you could configure both of the nodes (assuming theres two in the cluster) as DNS servers. I'm not sure which release of the software you will use, but RACAttack has a great toolkit that you can use.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/RAC_Attack_-_Oracle_Cluster_Database_at_Home/RAC_Attack_12c

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Maaz