Re: OT: Laptop Memory of "Oracle Lab" -- 16gb support "good enough"?

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 13:45:43 -0500

I build my own PCs. If you buy the parts its a fraction of the price of buying a laptop so you can trick it out and then get a cheap/middle of the road laptop install vmware or virtual box client and I have a couple of SSDs since I don't like sitting around and waiting for installs to finish. It definitely makes a difference plus you can put data guard VMs on different SSD drives. I even used some remote software from my ipad while I was on the elliptical. Couldn't type, but could click buttons and monitor stuff.

the motherboard BIOS's and manuals are alot more user friendly than they used to be. if you haven't built one in a while, its alot easier to configure now.

anyone know if the vmware client can be finagled to connect to oracles virtual box? I generally dont buy laptops and just the one I get from work. New company is locked down and virtual box client is not on the approved software list, but the vmware client is. All my VMs on my PC are in virtual box. Not allowed to install any VMs on the corporate laptop either.