OEM Cloud Control 12.1.0.3 install failure

From: Lou Avrami <avramil_at_concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 02:50:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

We're trying to install OEM Cloud Control 12.1.0.3 on a Sparc Solaris 11.1 server, with Oracle RDBMS 11.2.0.3. The installation process failed at the OMS Configuration step, 59% completed.

Looking at the log files, I can't really find a cause for the failure. In the main installation log file, the only indication of a problem is that there isn't the expect amount of free space. Then a little later it indicates a failure and references the omsca log. All that says is:

SEVERE: ERROR: Infrastructure setup of EM failed.

I have read some MetaLink notes that said that in prior OEM CC versions this might be caused by an inadequate ulimit settings, but I don't think that's the cause here, they look ok.

If anyone has any suggestions for other log fiels to investigate, or any ideas on other potential causes for the failures, please let me know.

Thanks,
Lou Avrami

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Validating and Creating Tablespaces
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:RCU-6108:DB TablespaceFreeMB Prerequisite failure for: MGMT_TABLESPACE
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Current space is 36MB. It should be be greater than 50MB.
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Repository Creation Utility - Create
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Repository Create in progress.
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Percent Complete: 10
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Percent Complete: 30
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Percent Complete: 50
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Percent Complete: 50
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Percent Complete: 100
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Repository Creation Utility: Create - Completion Summary

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Repository Creation Utility - Create : Operation Completed
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:OMSCA-ERR:Infrastructure setup of EM failed. Check the trace file:/u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/oms/cfgtoollogs/omsca/omsca_20131227205442.log
INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:

 Check the OMS Configuration Assistant logs at: /u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/oms/cfgtoollogs/omsca

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:The plug-in OMS Configuration has failed its perform method

omsca_20131227205442.log:

FINE: Successfully recreated opss schema for retry in install mode SUCCESS Dec 27, 2013 8:59:42 PM oracle.sysman.omsca.framework.OMSCAFreshInstall execute SEVERE: ERROR: Infrastructure setup of EM failed. Dec 27, 2013 8:59:42 PM oracle.sysman.omsca.framework.OMSConfigAssistantDriver main FINE: Got resultfalse