Re: TOAD version

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:43:34 -0600 (CST)

Brian writes:

> I get a popup that tells me I can download a newer version of TOAD. When I
> go to the website there is a 32bit or 64bit version. How do I know which to
> download?

The bitness must match the Oracle client it uses. Some software requires the 32-bit Oracle client even on 64-bit Winders versions. If that's you, then grab the 32-bit version.

Depending on your version of Toad, you may be able to use "Help->Support Bundle". In the Support Bundle text that appears, if you see "(64-bit)" (probably in the second line), then you have the 64-bit version of Toad.

HTH! GL! Rich