cross-platform OEM upgrade to OEM12c

From: max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 10:42:21 -0600

Hello List,

I wanted to get some advise around my EM upgrade that we have planed.  Currently we have OEM agent deployed to about 50 servers (about 80 database being monitored), we have other DB's as well but have not added it to OEM as we do not feel the need for it(and we do not have diagnostic pack and some are old version). As its about only 50 server, currently our OMS and repository(both of them) is sitting on same hp itanium box...agent have been deployed to different OS flavors(hp itanium and pa-risc, linux and solaris...all are 11g agent, except the one on hp pa-risc, those are 10g)....

current OMS version is 11.1.0.7, DB repository is 11.2.0.3....our shop is looking to move all the HP-UX to linux, that mean i will have to move the OMS and the repository to a new box...while going through this i am also planning to upgrade OEM to 12c....as you can this is not a simple upgrade of OEM from one version to another....we we to move from not only one version to another but also move from one OS to another OS....

i am looking to get some pointers as to how i would accomplish this?? The easy way around it that i thought of would be to install everything fresh on the new linux box(OMS and new repository DB) and deinstall old agents and install the new 12c agent on each box...but that would mean i would loose the current data sitting in the repository....i read documents on how to upgrade your current OMS on same OS but nothing that guide you though cross platform upgrade...

Looking for some pointers....