RE: Using 12/31/9999 in a date field

From: Coll-Barth, Michael <Michael.Coll-Barth_at_VerizonWireless.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:16:13 -0500

I've always used this as an end date as opposed to nulls. While I can deal with nulls just fine ( I prefer them, especially for statistics ), but when dealing with users, I find too often that code fails to produce the desired result set due to not properly taking nulls into account.

For me, it becomes a question of which do you prefer; a little ugly or crap results?