RE: Database Editions

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:08:21 +0000

Maybe the alert log? I see this in my 11.2 file, but I am running EE so not sure what you will see.

Starting ORACLE instance (normal)
<snip>
SYS auditing is disabled
Starting up:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production <snip>

Hth,
-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Nassyam Basha Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 10:01 AM To: dasebw_at_uwo.ca
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Database Editions

Hi Blake,
Just now i did checked from my virtual system and you can find from the inventory/logs Am using 12c and of course for 11g & older versions it applicable same.

-bash-3.2$ cat /etc/oraInst.loc

inventory_loc=/u01/app/oraInventory
inst_group=oinstall
-bash-3.2$ cd /u01/app/oraInventory
-bash-3.2$ cd logs
-bash-3.2$ ls -ltr inst*
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 899889 Oct 29 13:36 installActions2013-10-29_01-22-35PM.log
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 722 Nov 23 20:35 installActions2013-11-23_08-35-50PM.log
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 153183 Nov 23 20:49 installActions2013-11-23_08-36-06PM.log
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 1134032 Nov 23 21:40 installActions2013-11-23_09-33-14PM.log
-rw-rw---- 1 oracle oinstall 42685 Nov 23 21:44 installActions2013-11-23_09-44-04PM.log
-bash-3.2$ c

from install logs, you can search word for "Database edition"

Global settings
  • Disk space : required 6.4 GB available 17.33 GB
  • Source location : /home/oracle/softwares/12c/install/../stage/products.xml
  • Database edition : Enterprise Edition (Install database software only)
  • Oracle base : /u01/app/oracle
  • Software location : /u01/app/oracle/product/12.0.0/db_1
  • Privileged Operating System groups : dba (OSDBA), dba (OSBACKUPDBA), dba (OSDGDBA), dba (OSKMDBA)

HTH.
Nassyam Basha
www.oracle-ckpt.com<http://www.oracle-ckpt.com>

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Blake Wilson <dasebw_at_uwo.ca<mailto:dasebw_at_uwo.ca>> wrote: How do you tell Oracle Standard Edition from Oracle Standard One Edition?

This is what I get from select * from v$version;

BANNER

Oracle Database 11g Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production
CORE 11.2.0.3.0 Production
TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production

Thanks,
Blake Wilson

Thanks & Regards,
Nassyam Basha.
www.oracle-ckpt.com<http://www.oracle-ckpt.com> Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Dec 13 2013 - 18:08:21 CET

Original text of this message