Re: Oracle RAC DR test

From: Maaz Anjum <maazanjum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:25:38 -0500

How are you backing up GI Home?

You might be better off to simply install Grid Infrastructure from scratch on the DR Site. The issue is that any cloned (pure filesystem copy), will refer to the OCR/Voting disks that will contain registry entries to the resources within a cluster. You would at the very least need a) OCR/Voting disk backups and b) the GI Home binaries. Then, most likely, unzip binaries, restore disks and attach storage, hope that your host names are the same, and reconfigure GI.

To go through that process would require a lot of time, where as a fresh install is cleaner. The steps for those are very well documented :)

Cheers,
Maaz

--
A life yet to be lived...