Re: Parallel slaves blocking each other during CTAS with Parallel Clause

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:14:26 -0800 (PST)

We need to know which release of Oracle you're using. David Fitzjarrell On Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:11 AM, Prabhu Krishnaswamy <prabhu_adam_at_hotmail.com> wrote: Lists, When we're creating a table using CTAS with parallel clause, we observed the parallel slave sessions are blocking each other. We are using this temp. table for the report purpose and before querying the temp table, it will be created with the required data.  We are not sure during which phase its blocking each other. Is this the expected behavior or any way to avoid this lock.  Highly appreciate any insight on this. Thanks. Prabhu