Re: Private Synonyms

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:13:24 +0000

There isn't a security breach in the sense that User 2 gets access to data that they didn't already have access to. It is however somewhat counter-intuitive that you can run

CREATE PRIVATE SYNONYM x for SCHEMA.OBJECT;

and that someone else can utilize your synonym without explicit grants. Doing so is somewhat daft of course..

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA