RE: Re: Why I don't like RMAN repositories

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:23:26 -0500

Speaking of plus ones: +1 to

"So, in the end, what I did was first make an image copy of everything in
case I screwed up, which is always the best first step of any recovery process."

Also +1 to belts and suspenders (belts and braces) with regard to recovery possibilities.

(Especially including the online redo logs, even if normally you do not back those up. That is my fractional first mini-step of the overall first step of a copy of everything.)

Oh, and stop apologizing about long posts. Your signal to noise ratio is excellent!

mwf