Re: Why I don't like RMAN repositories

From: Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:30:41 -0500

I'm an advocate of 21 days worth of history. We work with an undisciplined, though brilliant, group of users and developers and a thoroughly unreliable storage architecture. A covert error in coding, DML, or the "persistence layer" may not (and usually doesn't) become apparent more than a week after it was implemented. The capability to recover to the point in time of the error is invaluable.

Regards,
Gus