Re: keep until rman

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 13:34:36 -0800

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM, max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I would love to do that and I have suggested that to management and they
> said they do not budget to stand up another server/db. Is it extra license
> to have the catalog or can I just go ahead and create it on one of my
> existing db as its just another schema.

As already noted, no extra licensing is required for RMAN.

You can do it without another server as well.

Just use a current server that is not heavily loaded for your new database.

Another alternative,. create the schema in an existing database.

Do you have OEM? create it there. RMAN is pretty lightweight in resource usage.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com