RE: keep until rman

From: max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 15:30:32 -0800

  I would love to do that and I have suggested that to management and they said they do not budget to stand up another server/db. Is it extra license to have the catalog or can I just go ahead and create it on one of my existing db as its just another schema.

Thank you

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> Sent: 12/6/2013 4:05 PM
To: max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com> Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: keep until rman

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> A more complete example:
>
> Hope it helps

And yes, if these files have aged out of your controlfile, as they have likely done,
you will need to do this for every backup file.

 Why don't you use a repository?

If it is in your power create on, there's not really a good reason to not have one.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Sr Oracle DBA at Pythian
Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com