Re: EXTERNAL: OT: Linux vendor survey results

From: Matthew Zito <matt_at_crackpotideas.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 09:37:14 -0500

From my discussions with people who switched to OEL, it's two things:
  • OEL is cheaper than Red Hat, at least for those without all-you-can-eat enterprise licenses
  • People prefer calling Oracle for support on their entire platform, at least for their database servers, which strikes me as crazy, but hey, what do I know

It's worth noting that I have never met a company that has moved *all* of their servers to OEL, just ones that have moved their database servers.

Matt